Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Winnipeg Beach

I thought that you were out of reach
but then you said something about Winnipeg Beach
and I thought to myself
there is something in the air
You turned on the charms
with wide open arms
we went for a spin
and took it all in
and when the sun came up
that smile was still there

the smell of your skin
still lingers in my mind
I want it to stay until the time
we can meet again
and if you forget
how we felt that night
like the world would be alright
just because we met

I thought my luck had run out dry
But then you appeared like a blaze in the night sky
I never felt anything so intense
I looked at you and he looked at me
Sometimes one and one makes three
So I went with the plot
And I tore down my defense

I won’t be the one to change you
And I wouldn’t want to
I think you’re perfect as you are
But I am here and I’m sincere
Here today, tomorrow gone
Somehow it doesn’t feel that far

Track 2 from "It's Never The Way You Imagine It" released 19 April 2011
Written, performed, produced and mixed by Devin Tait
Mastered by Brandon Strecker and Devin Tait
c 2011 Devin Tait - Raughtic Music (ASCAP)
Released as a single on June 11, 2011
b/w "Bad Friends" and "Do You Remember"
Video filmed June 5 at Will Rogers Beach, Santa Monica CA
Directed by Dylan Tucker with Myles Matisse and Marc Loren
Assistance and Still Photography by Robert Garcia

Performed live:
Aug. 14, 2010 - Club Blender, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA (solo acoustic)
Dec. 11, 2010 - Cafe Muse, Hollywood CA (full band acoustic)
May 17, 2010 - Qore, Que Sera, Long Beach CA
May 28, 2010 - Headphone, Moving Arts Theatre, Silverlake CA (acoustic w/ Jasten King)
June 30, 2011 - Que Sera, Long Beach CA
July 14, 2011 - Club Voltage, Jalisco Bar, Downtown Los Angeles
Jan. 25, 2012 - Springbok Bar & Grill, North Hollywood, CA
April 10, 2012 - The Viper Room, West Hollywood CA
April 23, 2012 - Trip, Santa Monica CA
June 3, 2012 - Dark Matinee, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA

No comments:

Post a Comment