Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Digital Representation

I remember your face and it was in 3-D
but now I only see you on the monitor screen
your every move has been digitized
and because I’m anonymous I’m mesmerized
your life is laid out for me to browse
so I get as close to you as the computer allows
sometimes I think that I’ve gone off my rocker
‘cause if I did this offline I’d be considered a stalker

I’m addicted to this sensation
making love to your digital representation
I’m completely taken with the notion
that you feel me through this electronic ocean

I remember your voice just like the sweetest song
and it gave me the impression we might get along
yeah maybe it was all just make believe
but I really thought that you were just as in to me
I’ll never get the nerve to tell you face-to-face
that what I want is for you to come over to my place
so I just sit here with the mouse in my hand
and fool myself that someday I will be your man

Track 1 from the album "It's Never The Way You Imagine It" by Devin Tait
Written, performed, produced and mixed by Devin Tait
Mastered by Brandon Strecker and Devin Tait
c 2011 Devin Tait - Raughtic Music (ASCAP)

Performed live:
Oct. 4, 2010 - Airliner Club, Lincoln Heights CA
Oct. 9, 2010 - Club Blender, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA
Nov. 20, 2010 - Club Strapped, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA
May 17, 2011 - Qore, Que Sera, Long Beach CA
February 17, 2012 - Red Rock, West Hollywood CA
March 30, 2012 - The Bull Bar, Long Beach CA
April 10, 2012 - The Viper Room, West Hollywood CA
April 23, 2012 - Trip, Santa Monica CA

No comments:

Post a Comment