Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Underwater Breathing

I've learned not to hold my breath
I take my lessons from the best
in the grave is when I'll rest
Taking secrets not confessed

Am I lucky to be here?
Deconstructing cavalier
I don't move then it stays clear
you made forever disappear

I couldn't hold you but I would have told you
This boat was rockin', before I came knockin'
but did I even reach you?
did I even reach you?

Slip through my fingers and run like the water
you're flooding over the broken levees
clean up this mess now, you've got me undressed now
it's rising around me, it's getting heavy
I can't be the only one, can't feel so lonely
I had your back now I see you leaving
Suspended in motion, arrested progression
I will remain underwater breathing

then on the other hand there's you
casual, our rendezvouz
so distracting yes it's true
like a habit, right on cue

I couldn't steal, but I saw the real
person in side of, a character I loved
but did I really read you?
did I really read you?

I try to stay within my depth
not to doubt or second guess
careful never to invest
in deals where I come out with less
the minor details you don't see
become the major things I feel
despite our similarities
we're playing in two different keys

Track 10 from the album "It's Never The Way You Imagine It" by Devin Tait
Written, performed, produced and mixed by Devin Tait
Mastered by Brandon Strecker and Devin Tait
c 2011 Devin Tait - Raughtic Music (ASCAP)

Performed live:
Feb. 8, 2012 - The Other Door, North Hollywood CA
Mar. 29, 2012 - Good Hurt, West LA CA

No comments:

Post a Comment