Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not In A Million Years

I don't know why my eyes see so much beauty when my
Ears hear only noise
and I don't know how your mouth can taste so sweet
with all the dreams that it destroys
I don't know why my fingers want to touch you when they
know that you're cold as ice
and I don't know how I get all caught up in you against
everyone's advice
it's like I think I can invent a way to make you change your mind
it's like I think you're just about to come around
it's like I think that this is just another obstacle to overcome
when every other one has knocked me down
Not in a million years, could I make you happy
I'd give you the moon and stars but you'd want more
Not in a million years, would you ever love me
so what is all this sweet work worth?
I don't know when the party started ending but
I'm down here on the floor
And I don't know where this road we're on is heading but
I've seen these signs before

Track 3 from "It's Never The Way You Imagine It" released 19 April 2011
Written, performed, produced and mixed by Devin Tait
Mastered by Brandon Strecker and Devin Tait
c 2011 Devin Tait - Raughtic Music (ASCAP)

Performed live:
Aug. 14, 2010 - Club Blender, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA (solo acoustic)
Oct. 4, 2010 - Airliner Club, Lincoln Heights CA
Oct. 9, 2010 - Club Blender, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA
Nov. 20, 2010 - Club Strapped, Palms Bar, West Hollywood CA
June 30, 2011 - Que Sera, Long Beach CA
Dec. 11, 2011 - The Palms, West Hollywood CA

No comments:

Post a Comment